Canvas Learning Management System
What is Canvas Learning Management System? Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) is a way to simplify teaching and learning by connecting the digital tools teachers, students and parents use into one place.
Why are teachers in grades K-12 using Canvas? Canvas provides an easy one-stop learning hub integrated into our student 365 accounts. This single log-in and management system makes virtual learning user friendly and facilitates teaching consistency among all grade levels. In Canvas, teachers can:
- Post, receive and grade student assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
- Easily align assignments and rubrics to standards and/or learning objectives.
- Provide students with written, audio, or video feedback and multiple revision/submission opportunities.
- Organize all work and course-related events into one, drag-and-drop calendar.
- Push course notifications to students via email and text.
Why might a student benefit from working in Canvas? Students can use Canvas to:
- Access class materials (calendar, assignments, quizzes, etc.) online using any device or any browser.
- Track their progress through ongoing teacher feedback tools.
- Receive course announcements, grade notifications, etc. instantaneously on their preferred device(s).
- Easily collaborate with peers and teachers.